The title spells out the theme song from Super Mario.
Hooorahhh!! I've managed to get me balls on this stupid chair and my hands on this stiff, black and unergonomic keyboard. All to feed a new post to my shitty blog. This time around, I wanna talk about one of my favourite hobbies since I was a small kid - Video Games. Yes, I'm turning 25 this year and I still play. Ain't nothing wrong with that!
So, I've listed down all the consoles that I've laid my grubby hands on. Mind you, the list dates back all the way to the 80's. So bear with me.
1987 - Atari
My dad got me this classic machine when I was 5 or so. Favorite game? That fishing game. Ahhh, the good ol' days.
1990 - Super Famicom
This one is a tad funny coz Super Famicom is a direct rip off from Nintendo Entertainment System. Since it was cheap, my mum bought it for me and my brother since we got some pretty decent grades for our exams. Favourite game? A lot because my parents kept on buying the 10000000 in 1 cartridges. Heh!
1994 - Computer Al-Aqlah
This one is even funnier! In December 1994, my dad was posted to UK as a diplomat. So on the way there, we stopped at Mecca to perform umrah. We bought the console at this dingy game shop. Once in London, I plugged the machine in, only to see smoke coming out of it. I didn't know machines from the Middle East are addicted to Sisha.
1995 - Super Nintendo Entertainment System
This is the time when 16-bit consoles used to rule. We bought this legendary console at a Dixons outlet at Kilburn High Street. Favourite game? Donkey Kong.
1997 - Sega Saturn
To this day, I still don't know why I picked this console over Sony Playstation. It was a flop due to some marketing complications and that made me switch to buy the Playstation. I still had some fun with it though. Favourite game? Panzer Dragoon.
1997 - Sony Playstation
I traded my Saturn for this one at Computer Exchange at Rathbone Place in London. Fav game? Final Fantasy 7. The greatest game ever.
1998 - Nintendo 64
I sold my Playstation set and got this one instead. Fav game? Star Fox 64.
2000 - Sega Dreamcast
Got this one for my birthday. The only reason I bought it was to play Shenmue. (As you can see, I'm getting lazier to type)
2003 - PS2
I used up all of my student loan to bag this baby. As a result, I had to tell my father that I didn't receive any money from PTPTN for that semester. As the saying goes, a gamer has got to do what a gamer has got to do. Stories aside, my fav game would have to be Madden.
2007 - PS3
Forked out RM2000 at Sungei Wang. I'm still waiting to play Metal Gear Solid 4. Urghhhhh!

2 comments:
omg hahahaha are you sure you're the dude i'm dating? :P
hahahaha....dude u sound like a nerd...but a cool one.
video games- i used to be a junkie too
Post a Comment